• I'm going through my pile of old notebooks, tearing out used pages so I can reuse them without cringing, and am coming face to face with how unbearably pretentious and emo I was as a teenager. Oh my god
. It's pretty hilarious. I mean, I know pretty much all teenagers are dipshits and I had maybe more reason to be depressed than most, but still. YIKES! :P
(It's also why I recently went back and privated all the entries in this journal prior to January 1st, 2006, by the way. Seven years of emo, safely removed from embarassing scrutiny! Thank God.)
• Today was Dermatologist Day. The verdict was that I probably don't have cancer again yet. There are two bits that they could do surgery on to remove and then biopsy if we want to be really paranoid, but since the Doc isn't particularly worried about them, it's my choice. I made the surgery appointment for practical reasons (the waiting lists are insane, and it's easier to make one but cancel it than it is to get a spot at the last minute) but I'm thinking let's not. If they grow or change by next check-up, then okay, but otherwise I'd prefer to avoid invasive surgeries.
• I spent part of my afternoon editing, resizing, and organizing all the photos I took of the new apartment -- one set before moving in, one set towards the end. I may wind up using a mix, and I'll wait until tomorrow to post them so that I can grab a few more tomorrow morning in the good light. It took going through them all to realize that I missed some important perspective shots; knowing what's on my sidetable is better when you know that it actually is my sidetable you're looking at and where in the room it is. ;)
• GOP Rep: We Might Need A Taliban-Like "Insurgency"
. This is me golf-clapping.
• Thanks to Lyssa's "Cover Mania" mix, I've discovered Marilyn Manson's version of You Spin Me Right Round
. It is my new favourite thing!
• Tomorrow is laundry day. Literally every piece of clothing I own and every household cloth is being hauled in massive Rubbermaid rough-totes to my parents', where it's all getting washed and folded and organized. It will be epic, to say the least. TWO WHOLE DAYS OF LAUNDRY. Craziness.
• I want houseplants. I grew up building and tending my own vegetable garden, and for years now I have been desperately missing the presence of green growing things in my space. There used to be a massage clinic in the lower part of this building, next to the hair dresser and porn store, but it recently closed and they left big plant urns behind in a corner of the parking lot. I'm thinking I should steal them and use them. I think we have enough light in here, and I can always buy a lamp if it doesn't seem to be enough. Suggestions for what to grow?